ITALY: S & M control for Campari
Italian spirits group, Campari, has acquired a controlling interest in the Sardinian wine company, Sella & Mosca.
Campari paid €68.2m ($59m) for 100% of the spirits group, Zedda Piras, which in turn owns a 67.6% stake in Sella & Mosca. Campari is also taking on €1.8m in debt.
Sella & Mosca is a well known international wine brand. The company owns some 500 hectares of vineyards in Sardinia and sold 6.6m bottles in 2001 with around 17% going to export markets.
S&M also owns 94% of the Qingdao Sella & Mosca Winery Co Ltd, a Chinese joint venture, and Domaine de la Margue, a French chateau.
The combined turnover of Zedda Piras and Sella & Mosca was put at around €30.7m for 2001, 34% from spirits and 66% from wine, with pre-tax profit of €3.8m.
The rum market may be dominated by white rum - and by one brand in particular - but Larry Watson, managing director, distribution division, at Jamaican rum producer, J Wray & Nephew, believes there is...
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Davide Campari-Milano has posted a slight rise in net sales and profits for the first nine months of this year....
Davide Campari-Milano SpA has amassed a EUR500m war chest for acquisitions, according to the Italian company's CEO Enzo Visone....
Campari has had its rating cut....
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. has seen a 2.6% rise in sales drive growth across all profitability indicators in the first half of the year....
US investment house Citigroup Smith Barney has cut its rating on Italian drinks group Davide Campari-Milano SpA from "buy" to "hold"....
Goldman Sachs has initiated coverage of Davide Campari-Milano shares....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review