FRANCE: Russian Wine Trust acquires Croizet Cognac
The Russian Wine Trust has snapped up a Cognac producer.
The Russian drinks importer and distributor confirmed earlier this week that it has bought Croizet for an undisclosed sum.
Speaking to just-drinks today (7 June), Tim Banks, Croizet's commercial director, confirmed the transaction. "The Russian Wine Trust was formed two years ago," he said, "and now has a turnover of over US$1m a month. The company had plans to expand into vineyards and production facilities.
"We began talks with the company 13 months ago, and the deal was secured late last Thursday," Banks added. "Croizet is a perfect addition to the Wine Trust's portfolio - there is big demand in Russia for real Cognac."
The Russian company will take control of 58 hectares of vines, along with the equivalent of 2m bottles of Cognac in stock, as well as the company offices and bottling lines.
Croizet was sold to the Wine Trust by the Eymard family. The deal is expected to be completed in three months' time.
Having seen a healthy 7.2% rise in shipments in 2006, the global Cognac market is set for continued growth over the coming four years, according to a new report from just-drinks, with continued progre...
Rémy Martin has unveiled its new offering - Coeur de Cognac - with customary Cognaçais pomp. But for Chris Losh, the company's announcement of the launch says as much about the art of Cognac PR as it ...
Pernod Ricard is set to launch a limited edition Martell VSOP Cognac into travel retail in Singapore to support the beginning of a five-year partnership with the Royal Palace of Versailles in France....
Sula Selections, the import arm of Sula Vineyards, has launched Asahi Super Dry beer in the Indian market....
Remy Cointreau has posted a healthy lift in both sales and profits in the six months to the end of September....
The Cognac board has again announced record sales figures, this time for 180m bottles sold in the 12 month period from to October, the most ever sold in that period since the creation of the appellati...
The latest estimate on the 2007 French wine harvest by the Ministry of Agriculture, taken earlier this month, has put volumes at 47.1m hectolitres, down 11% on last year and below the average of the p...
Cognac sales figures released last week show global sales volumes up by 7.7% for the period October 2006 to September 2007, with a marked increase in demand for higher quality Cognacs....
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report