RUSSIA: Russian Standards launches in Greece
Russian Standard Vodka has launched into the Greek market through a partnership with WS Karoulias, a Greek spirits distributor.
To be supported by a large television and print campaign, Russian Standard Vodka is "positioned to become a major player in the Greek premium drinks market," the company said today (13 May).
"Greeks have a true appreciation for authenticity, and we are proud to bring Russia's most authentic premium vodka to the discerning Greek market," said Roustam Tariko, founder and president of Russian Standard Vodka. "Our mission is to be the leading vodka in every market we enter, and working with a top distribution company like WS Karoulias will help us in achieving this goal."
All three Russian Standard brands: Russian Standard Original, Russian Standard Platinum and Imperia are now available in Greece.
The company said its partnership with WS Karoulias is a "clear demonstration of both companies' desire to make Russian Standard the number one premium vodka brand in Greece."
Chris Arghyrou, managing director of WS Karoulias, said: "The vodka segment in Greece is poised for growth, and Russian Standard Vodka is now positioned to capture an increasing demand."
Last month Russian Standard continued its global rollout with national with the launch of its brands into Ireland with distributor FindlaterGrants.
Consumer markets may be bracing themselves for the impact of the economic downturn, but Patrón Spirits Company has no intention of being deflected from its marketing-led growth strategy. In this month...
Vodka is the drink of the moment in the Dominican Republic, growing 50% in 2007 according to recent research from the IWSR....
Patrón Spirits Company has joined the Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS), in the US....
SPI Group has appointed Gabriel Bocti as official importer and distributor for Stolichnaya, Stolichnaya Elit, and Moskovskaya vodka in the Lebanese duty paid market....
An economic slowdown has caused more US consumers to trade down on drinks, but figures show that the premium spirits category remains buoyant, Diageo executives have said....
Diageo is exploring ways to improve its presence in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, which prohibits the sale of alcoholic drinks bottled outside its borders....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has said that it has signed a licence agreement with the Shetland Spirits Company for the Diva vodka brand....
Pernod Ricard has posted a healthy lift in sales in its first quarter, driven by the acquisition of Vin & Sprit in the period....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research