IRELAND: Russian Standard vodka enters Ireland
Russian Standard is following the global rollout of its vodka brands with national rollout in Ireland with distributor FindlaterGrants.
The company said yesterday (21 April) that the rollout, which will include all three Russian Standard brands - Russian Standard Original, Russian Standard Platinum and Imperia - will be supported by a EUR3m (US$4.8m) marketing campaign in the country.
Russian Standard's founder and president, Roustam Tariko, said: "It is with great pride that we bring a truly authentic premium vodka to the discerning Irish market. Partnering with a company such as FindlaterGrants is a vital component to the success of Russian Standard and we are pleased to be working with a company that already enjoys success in a highly competitive but dynamic, Irish market."
FindlaterGrants' director of marketing, Philip Robinson, added: "Ireland has become a sophisticated market and people are asking for brands, particularly luxury brands, by name. Russian Standard is having a significant impact in both the on and off-trade markets providing a new, premium choice for adult Irish consumers."
Last month, Russian Standard announced that it had completed a 30% expansion of its vodka production area in St Petersburg.
The news that Constellation Brands last week posted a huge slide in second quarter earnings garnered a mixed reaction amongst the press and analyst community, reflecting some of the contrasting messag...
Vodka is the drink of the moment in the Dominican Republic, growing 50% in 2007 according to recent research from the IWSR....
Vodka is soon to take over from Scotch whisky as the most consumed spirit in the UK. But Chris Losh sees its success as a triumph of marketing over substance, and wonders whether consumer interest can...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Swedish distiller Camitz & Lindberger has lined up the UK launch of its Camitz sparkling vodka brand....
Whyte & Mackay has launched a new GBP1m (US$1.7m) advertising campaign for its Vladivar vodka brand in the UK....
Bacardi Martini India is planning a new marketing drive across its brands, in order to capitalise on the country's growing thirst for premium spirits....
Vin & Sprit, the owner of Swedish vodka brand Absolut has launched legal proceedings against UK radio station Absolute Radio for infringement of its trademark....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future