RUSSIA: Russian Standard ups Gancia Wine stake
Russian Standard bought a 70% stake in Gancia in 2011
Russian Standard has increased its majority stake in Gancia Wine two weeks after it revived the Italian wine brand's US distribution.
The vodka producer said today (5 August) it has raised its share in Gancia, acquired in 2011, from 70% to 94.1%. A Russian Standard spokesperson told just-drinks the extra stake was in return for a EUR13m (US$17.2m) capital investment.
In July, Gancia teamed up with The Wine Group to distribute Gancia’s Prosecco, Moscato D’Asti, Asti and Moscato Rosé in the US. A Russian Standard spokesperson told just-drinks at the time that Gancia was not being distributed in the US and its most recent distribution deal was in 2008 with Miami-based OWS.
Roustam Tariko, Russian Standard's founder & chairman, said today he is “pleased to continue to invest” in Gancia.
The vodka company has shaken up a number of its distribution deals in the wake of its takeover of Central European Distribution Corporation in June. Last month it said it is dumping Gruppo Campari as distributor of its flagship vodka brand in Germany and Austria, while in June it launched CEDC brand Green Mark in the US through its own network.
The third part of this month's management briefing, in which Euromonitor considers the year ahead for the global drinks industry, sees Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis look at the spirits cate...
Since 2010, Campari has become increasingly reliant on acquisitions, such as the 2012 purchase of Lascelles de Mercado, for growth. The profile looks at why this is the case, the benefits of its most ...
Eyebrows rose earlier this week at the US$16bn that Suntory is set to pay for Beam Inc. At 20 times the company's EBITDA, the transaction is at the more expensive end of the scale. Here, courtesy of a...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets