RUSSIA: Russian Standard ups Gancia Wine stake
Russian Standard bought a 70% stake in Gancia in 2011
Russian Standard has increased its majority stake in Gancia Wine two weeks after it revived the Italian wine brand's US distribution.
The vodka producer said today (5 August) it has raised its share in Gancia, acquired in 2011, from 70% to 94.1%. A Russian Standard spokesperson told just-drinks the extra stake was in return for a EUR13m (US$17.2m) capital investment.
In July, Gancia teamed up with The Wine Group to distribute Gancia’s Prosecco, Moscato D’Asti, Asti and Moscato Rosé in the US. A Russian Standard spokesperson told just-drinks at the time that Gancia was not being distributed in the US and its most recent distribution deal was in 2008 with Miami-based OWS.
Roustam Tariko, Russian Standard's founder & chairman, said today he is “pleased to continue to invest” in Gancia.
The vodka company has shaken up a number of its distribution deals in the wake of its takeover of Central European Distribution Corporation in June. Last month it said it is dumping Gruppo Campari as distributor of its flagship vodka brand in Germany and Austria, while in June it launched CEDC brand Green Mark in the US through its own network.
The third part of this month's management briefing, in which Euromonitor considers the year ahead for the global drinks industry, sees Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis look at the spirits cate...
Eyebrows rose earlier this week at the US$16bn that Suntory is set to pay for Beam Inc. At 20 times the company's EBITDA, the transaction is at the more expensive end of the scale. Here, courtesy of a...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- Japan and the global soft drinks race
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report