RUSSIA: Russian Standard ups Gancia Wine stake
Russian Standard bought a 70% stake in Gancia in 2011
Russian Standard has increased its majority stake in Gancia Wine two weeks after it revived the Italian wine brand's US distribution.
The vodka producer said today (5 August) it has raised its share in Gancia, acquired in 2011, from 70% to 94.1%. A Russian Standard spokesperson told just-drinks the extra stake was in return for a EUR13m (US$17.2m) capital investment.
In July, Gancia teamed up with The Wine Group to distribute Gancia’s Prosecco, Moscato D’Asti, Asti and Moscato Rosé in the US. A Russian Standard spokesperson told just-drinks at the time that Gancia was not being distributed in the US and its most recent distribution deal was in 2008 with Miami-based OWS.
Roustam Tariko, Russian Standard's founder & chairman, said today he is “pleased to continue to invest” in Gancia.
The vodka company has shaken up a number of its distribution deals in the wake of its takeover of Central European Distribution Corporation in June. Last month it said it is dumping Gruppo Campari as distributor of its flagship vodka brand in Germany and Austria, while in June it launched CEDC brand Green Mark in the US through its own network.
The third part of this month's management briefing, in which Euromonitor considers the year ahead for the global drinks industry, sees Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis look at the spirits cate...
Eyebrows rose earlier this week at the US$16bn that Suntory is set to pay for Beam Inc. At 20 times the company's EBITDA, the transaction is at the more expensive end of the scale. Here, courtesy of a...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends