UK: Russian Standard UK launch backed by GBP5m push
Russian Standard is to be the subject of a major promotional push on its recent launch in the UK.
First Drinks Brands, the vodka company's UK distributor, said yesterday (1 October) that it will pump GBP5m (US$10.2m) into a promotional campaign for the vodka in the country in the run-up to Christmas. The three Russian Standard brands - Original, Platinum and Imperia -launched in the UK last month, and will be backed by a national advertising campaign that will include television advertising, print ads in magazines and PR and point-of-sale promotions across the rest of 2007.
"Our ultimate goal is to be the number one in the premium vodka market within five years," Chris Mason, First Drinks' MD told just-drinks yesterday. To emphasise the brand's premium offering, Mason said it will not be offered at discount in the UK on-trade. "There's always going to be someone cheaper," he said.
"We need to promote competitively," Mason continued. "People are looking for authentic and premium (products) - they're willing to pay a little more for the real thing."
Russian Standard Original will retail at around GBP11.99 per 70cl bottle, with Platinum and Imperia being available for GBP14.49 and GBP29.99 respectively.
"We're hoping that, through communication and education, we can get across to the consumer the idea that 'standard' refers to the minimum standard vodkas have to reach," Mason said when asked about the brand's name.
The Cognac market - or at least the VSOP-and-above part of it - is riding the crest of a wave and will be finding it increasingly difficult to meet demand. But having seen booms and busts before, Chri...
Premium and super-premium brands have been important drivers in the growing vodka category for some time but among the key trends forecast in a recent report on the vodka market from just-drinks is th...
The sale of the Swedish state-owned makers of Absolut Vodka, Vin & Sprit, is progressing "according to plan", as speculation mounts that a buyer will be named in the coming weeks....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Russian Standard has expanded its production centre and acquired extra distribution space near its Russian headquarters....
Bacardi is the latest major drinks company thought to have teamed up with a local private equity firm, in its hopes to win the auction for Sweden's Vin & Sprit group....
Marketing website BuyYourFriendADrink.com has launched a new partnership with "Buy Your Friend a Belvedere", an initiative designed to offer the first spirit branded gift card for on-trade purchase in...
Fortune Brands has refused to be drawn on speculation claiming the company has taken a partner in its bid to acquire Vin & Sprit....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends