RUSSIA: Russian Standard takes Jose Cuervo distribution from Whitehall
Cuervo's distribution in Russia moves from Whitehall to Russian Standard this month
Russian Standard distribution arm Roust Inc has taken over the marketing and distribution of Jose Cuervo Tequila in Russia from Whitehall Group.
The partnership between Casa Cuervo and Russian Standard which was confirmed earlier today (9 December), is the latest in a number of distribution deals signed by Cuervo owner the Beckmann family since their global deal with Diageo ended in June. Russia Standard-owned Central European Distribution Corporation took full control of Whitehall, which also owns the super-premium Kauffman vodka brand, in 2010.
Yiannis Stratos, regional director for Europe, Middle East & Africa for Cuervo, said the agreement was “very aligned to our strategic and commercial goals”, adding: “Russia represents a growth opportunity market for Cuervo, as we are still under-represented in this part of the world.”
Russia is the third largest Tequila market in the world with sales of over 500,000 cases in 2012, but is still dwarfed by top two markets Mexico and the US, according to The IWSR.
“Russia is an exciting market for Tequila and we are pleased to partner with the oldest and most respected Tequila manufacturer,” said Oleg Kirillin, Roust CEO.
“We plan to build a strong platform for Jose Cuervo’s further growth in Russia.”
The deal follows the announcement in July that Jose Cuervo would be distributed in Canada by The Kirkwood Group.
Beckmann-owned Proximo Spirits took over the brand’s international distribution following the collapse of talks with Diageo, and is handling sales in the UK, US and Ireland.
Earlier today (2 June), brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's wine and spirits brands. Here's a look at 'The Power 100', along with t...
Poland Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts a...
Mast-Jägermeister is to take its UK distribution JV in-house....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research