RUSSIA: Russian Standard takes Jose Cuervo distribution from Whitehall
Cuervo's distribution in Russia moves from Whitehall to Russian Standard this month
Russian Standard distribution arm Roust Inc has taken over the marketing and distribution of Jose Cuervo Tequila in Russia from Whitehall Group.
The partnership between Casa Cuervo and Russian Standard which was confirmed earlier today (9 December), is the latest in a number of distribution deals signed by Cuervo owner the Beckmann family since their global deal with Diageo ended in June. Russia Standard-owned Central European Distribution Corporation took full control of Whitehall, which also owns the super-premium Kauffman vodka brand, in 2010.
Yiannis Stratos, regional director for Europe, Middle East & Africa for Cuervo, said the agreement was “very aligned to our strategic and commercial goals”, adding: “Russia represents a growth opportunity market for Cuervo, as we are still under-represented in this part of the world.”
Russia is the third largest Tequila market in the world with sales of over 500,000 cases in 2012, but is still dwarfed by top two markets Mexico and the US, according to The IWSR.
“Russia is an exciting market for Tequila and we are pleased to partner with the oldest and most respected Tequila manufacturer,” said Oleg Kirillin, Roust CEO.
“We plan to build a strong platform for Jose Cuervo’s further growth in Russia.”
The deal follows the announcement in July that Jose Cuervo would be distributed in Canada by The Kirkwood Group.
Beckmann-owned Proximo Spirits took over the brand’s international distribution following the collapse of talks with Diageo, and is handling sales in the UK, US and Ireland.
The Future of the Spirits Market in Russia to 2017
The report presents detailed data on the Spirits consumption trends in Russia, historic and forecast consumption volume and value at market and category level, brand share, alcoholic strength, price s...read more
Earlier today (2 June), brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's wine and spirits brands. Here's a look at 'The Power 100', along with t...
Poland Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts a...
Mast-Jägermeister is to take its UK distribution JV in-house....
Russian investor Roustam Tariko, the owner of Russian Standard, gained full control of CEDC in April 2013. The new owner is expected to focus more on the Russian market. This, in turn, could mean less...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research