GREECE: Russian Standard signs deal with Amvyx
Amvyx, a leading distributor in Greece, will handle Russian Standard Original, Platinum and Imperia vodkas, the groups announced today (21 January).
Chris Lucas, CEO of Russian Standard in Western Europe said: "We have ambitious plans for the development of Russian Standard Vodka in Greece, and we are certain that, with the collaboration of Amvyx, Russian Standard will soon become the leading premium vodka brand in the country."
The move completes a re-shuffle on the Greek spirits market this week.
On Monday, Amvyx handed local distribution rights on Absolut vodka, as well as Level vodka and Plymouth Gin, to brand owner Pernod Ricard. Amvyx also acquired vodka brand Serkova from Pernod, for an undisclosed fee.
Pernod Ricard has said that it expects like-for-like sales to be broadly flat for its fiscal full-year, but operating profits will hit guidance thanks to lower advertising spend....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has lined up two packaging updates for its Chivas Regal Scotch whisky brand for the holiday season in the US....
Consumers in Czech Republic are buying less expensive spirits and drinking more at home due to the recession, according to the country's second biggest distiller....
Pernod Ricard subsidiary, The Absolut Company, has launched a mobile device for its namesake vodka brand that can recommend cocktails to users....
Pernod Ricard has dismissed a lawsuit in the US claiming it stole the concept for a cocktail-making competition from a charity organisation....
Pernod Ricard will issue its full-year trading statement at the end of this week, with sales thought to have remained under pressure in the fourth quarter....
Ian Macleod Distillers has reported a 53% rise in pre-tax profits for its most recent fiscal year....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research