UK: Russian Standard set for UK release
Premium vodka brand Russian Standard is set to arrive in the UK.
First Drinks Brands, a wholly-owned unit of William Grant & Sons, announced yesterday (11 June) that it will handle the distribution of Russian Standard's three vodka brands in the country from this month.
The launch will be backed by a national television advertising campaign, consumer promotions, events and PR initiatives throughout the year. Communications will be aimed at "aspirational men and women aged between 18 and 34", First Drinks said.
Chris Mason, managing director of First Drinks Brands, added: "The time is right to introduce a new quality vodka into the UK and we have ambitious growth plans over the next five years. Since launch in 1998, Russian Standard has not only become Russia's number one premium vodka with a 60% share of the premium category but is demonstrating significant international sales growth."
Russian Standard Original will be available at an RRP of GBP11.99 (US$23.66) for a 70cl bottle, while Russian Standard Platinum (GBP14.49) and Imperia (GBP29.99), complete the offering in the country.
There may be many facets to a winning marketing mix, but a strong brand name that captures the consumer's imagination is clearly fundamental. Patience Gould looks at some notable hits and misses to ge...
Constellation's US$885m purchase of Fortune Brands' wine portfolio further adds to the acquisitive US company's impressive line-up. Chris Losh believes the deal makes perfect sense for Constellation, ...
Maxxium Worldwide has unveiled a new on-trade serving suggestion for its core range of spirits....
Sula Selections, the import arm of Sula Vineyards, has launched Asahi Super Dry beer in the Indian market....
The European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development has warned the region's vodka producers that there will be "no nit-picking" over pending definition laws....
Brown-Forman has reported a healthy lift in operatng profit for its third quarter, thanks in part to its purchase of Casa Herrdura....
Anheuser-Busch has launched a new vodka brand through its Long Tail Libations spirits arm across the US....
Khoday India Limited (KIL) is on an aggressive expansion drive with plans to launch a raft of new liquor brands, investing over US$250m over the next two years....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China