GLOBAL: Russian Standard secures Rémy Cointreau travel retail deal
Russian Standard has sealed its first global partnership, with Rémy Cointreau Global Travel Retail, to cover the duty free channel.
The company confirmed today (16 October) that the multi-year international agreement will see Rémy Cointreau Global Travel Retail handle the commercial and marketing levels for Russian Standard's vodka brands in the global duty free sector. Specific details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
"Duty free is an important sector in Russian Standard vodka's global expansion, and we have ambitious plans for our growth in the duty free channel," said Chris Lucas, CEO of Russian Standard Vodka International. "We are certain that Rémy Cointreau will succeed with our brands around the duty free sector."
Peter Sant, managing director of Rémy Cointreau Global Travel Retail, added: "The (Russian Standard) brand will benefit from our resources, organisation, logistics and business relationships with duty free accounts."
Duty free channels in Russia, CIS countries, South-East Asia, Australia, New Zealand, UAE, Oman, and Dubai, are excluded from the agreement.
Earlier this year, Roust Inc., which is part of the same business empire as Russian Standard, and Rémy Cointreau extended their distribution tie-up in Russia. Roust has handled distribution of several Rémy Cointreau brands in Russia since 2006.
Remy Cointreau plans to cut around a quarter of jobs at Champagne division Piper-Heidsieck, following a tough time for Champagne in the economic downturn....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends