RUSSIA: Russian Standard secures permanent Finnish listing
Russian Standard has secured permanent listings for its vodka range in Finland.
The company, owned by Russian entrepreneur Roustam Tariko, said yesterday (27 September) that the Finnish State alcohol distribution authority, Alko, will handle the distribution and sales of its vodka brands in the country. Alko has over 160 retail stores across Finland, and will stock Russian Standard Platinum and Imperia in its premium outlets and through its ordering assortment catalogues.
Alko first listed Russian Standard's products at the end of August last year on a one-year trial basis. The distributor has subsequently decided to make the move permanent, in light of Russian Standard "having exceeded Alko's sales performance requirements", the Russian company said.
"We are pleased to have reached such an important milestone in our journey to bring Russia's number one premium vodka to the people of Finland," said Leonid Yangarber, export director for Russian Standard Vodka. "This listing will accelerate the growth of our brands in Finland, and we look forward to leveraging Alko's scale and reach to achieve our goal of becoming the leading premium vodka in this important market."
The permanent listing follows the arrival of Russian Standard's Platinum brand in the Indian market last month. The company's brands are now available in over 40 countries around the world.
A delimited production area is both the main strength and weakness of a wine appellation, a guarantee of quality but a major obstacle to growth. Plans in Champagne, arguably the premier appellation of...
Geographic appellations have existed in the wine world for centuries. In the spirits sector, however, the appellation has been much more sparingly used. But geographical definition is at the core of S...
Premium and super-premium brands have been important drivers in the growing vodka category for some time but among the key trends forecast in a recent report on the vodka market from just-drinks is th...
Foster's and Lion Nathan have both announced plans to cease production of RTDs with a high alcohol content and energy additives from their portfolios....
Davide Campari-Milano has posted a healthy lift in full-year net profit, with all segments delivering growth in 2007....
Italian wines and spirits group Campari is considering a capital increase to fund a major acquisition, and feels the privatisation of V&S Group could provide it with possible acquisition targets, acco...
California wine producer Petroni Vineyards is in dispute with the wine consortium which administrates the Brunello di Montalcino denomination of origin in Italy over the use of the name Brunello....
Diageo and Anheuser-Busch have been attacked for "encouraging and sanctioning binge drinking" in the US in the run-up to St. Patrick's Day....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer