S KOREA: Russian Standard rolls out vodka to South Korea
Russian Standard is launching its vodka in South Korea
Russian Standard has agreed a distribution deal for its namesake vodka in South Korea.
The Roustam Tariko-owned company has taken on the services of Keumyang International to handle the brand in the country, it announced late last month. Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
South Korea's vodka market has seen “significant growth”, with volumes more than doubling in the last two years to 248,000 9-litre cases, according to Russian Standard.
Two launch events were held – one on Christmas Eve and one on New Year's Eve – at the Woo Bar, in South Korea's W Hotel to mark the launch.
A Russian Standard spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks the brand is being made available in the the on-trade and off-trade in South Korea, having launched there on 23 December.
Keumyang already distributes Russian Standard's Italian wine brand, Gancia, in South Korea, since 2008. The group took control of the brand in 2011.
CEDC International Sp zoo aims to strengthen its position in the spirits category. The company plans to achieve this through the organic growth and extension of its portfolio with products from the po...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research