US: Russian Standard rolls-out Green Mark vodka to US
Russian Standard took over CEDC yesterday
Russian Standard is launching a high-volume vodka from newly-acquired Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) into the US.
Green Mark will go on sale through Russian Standard's distribution network, the company said yesterday (7 June). It follows Russian Standard parent company Roust Trading's takeover of CEDC yesterday in exchange for debt relief.
Green Mark sold 6.9m nine-litre cases last year, making it the fourth-biggest vodka in the world by volume, Russian Standard said. It is already on sale in the UK, CIS and Baltic States, and will sell in the US for US$12.99 per 75cl bottle.
Meanwhile, Russian Standard has taken over US distribution of another CEDC brand, Poland's Zubrówka. The bison grass flavoured vodka is marketed as ZU in the US and will sell for $24.99 per 75cl bottle.
“The unique positioning and sheer size of Green Mark’s volumes in Russia and several other significant markets make it very attractive to US consumers,” Russian Standard Vodka Americas CEO Leonid Yangarber said. “In Poland, Zubrówka is a legendary brand, beloved by Poles for centuries.”
After taking full control of CEDC, Russian Standard said it planned to “significantly increase the export” of its new brands, capitalising on rising demand for “authentic spirits”.
The takeover was part of CEDC's restructuring plan put into effect after debts forced it to file for bankruptcy in April.
Russian investor Roustam Tariko, the owner of Russian Standard, gained full control of CEDC in April 2013. The new owner is expected to focus more on the Russian market. This, in turn, could mean less...
Russian Standard has signed up a "performance philosopher" made famous online to star in its new global ad campaign....
New Amsterdam Spirits has launched its first US nation-wide TV campaign for its namesake vodka brand. ...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Beam Suntory appoints chief HR officer
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research