RUSSIA: Russian Standard opens new site, targets US
Russian Standard Company has opened a new distillery in its home market.
The vodka producer said today (1 October) that, as well as opening the new facility, it will launch its Russian Standard Original brand in the US, across Europe and in select Asian markets.
"The construction of this new distillery and our aggressive international expansion are a direct result of the popularity and demand for our products across the globe," said Roustam Tariko, the company's owner and chairman. "We are now one of the privileged few vodka companies to own our own distillery, allowing us to meet global demand while maintaining superior Russian vodka craftsmanship."
Located in St Petersburg, the new 30,000 square-metre distillery offers full automation from the unloading of raw materials to bottling and storage. The company claims that advanced green technologies and processes make the distillery one of the most environmentally friendly spirits production facilities in the world.
The facility will handle production of Russian Standard's entire vodka portfolio globally, which is currently exported to 28 countries with immediate expansion plans for Russian Standard Original in the US, additional European markets and in Asia. The facility will produce up to 4m cases per year, at a rate of 22,500 bottles in hour, doubling the company's previous production capacity.
Having pioneered the super-premium vodka category in Russia, billionaire entrepreneur Roustam Tariko is eyeing international markets with his Russian Standard Original and Imperia brands, looking to b...
Riding the twin waves of a booming premium spirits market and growth in Tequila, The Patrón Spirits Company has made great strides in a short space of time. In this month's Just the Answer interview, ...
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
V&S Group is set to beef up its distribution network in the Nordic region with the acquisition of Norwegian wine and spirits distributor Amundsen....
Heaven Hill Distilleries is to expand another of its facilities in the US....
India's UB Group is close to finally sealing the takeover of UK distiller Whyte & Mackay, just-drinks understands. UB, headed by Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya, has pursued Whyte & Mackay since start...
Absolut vodka owner V&S Group has appointed a new chairman....
Finnish state-owned beverage alcohol group Altia Corporation today (21 March) confirmed that it is eyeing the Nordic operations of Absolut vodka owner V&S Group....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research