GERMANY/AUSTRIA: Russian Standard moves distribution from Campari to Borco
The company is changing distributor in Germany and Austria
Russian Standard is dumping Gruppo Campari as distributor of its flagship vodka brand in Germany and Austria after signing a new deal with Borco-Marken-Import.
The Roustam Tariko-owned group, which acquired Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) last month, said Hamburg-headquartered Borco will take on the brand from September. Family-owned Borco already distributes Russian Standard-owned vodka brands Green Mark and Parliament in the central European countries.
Both brands became part of Russian Standard's portfolio after its takeover of CEDC.
Campari has distributed Russian Standard Vodka in Austria and Germany for the last seven years. The vodka group said it will work with both distributors to “ensure a smooth transition and continued growth of the brand in 2013”.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Since 2010, Campari has become increasingly reliant on acquisitions, such as the 2012 purchase of Lascelles de Mercado, for growth. The profile looks at why this is the case, the benefits of its most ...
Russian investor Roustam Tariko, the owner of Russian Standard, gained full control of CEDC in April 2013. The new owner is expected to focus more on the Russian market. This, in turn, could mean less...
Gruppo Campari's CEO has revealed that Aperol's sponsorship deal with Manchester United FC is part of a second stage of targeted international growth for the liqueur brand, after initial success in Eu...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research