RUSSIA: Russian Standard makes marketing appointment
Russian Standard Vodka has appointed Dmitry Shirshov to the position of vice president of marketing and sales.
Shirshov will be responsible for key marketing initiatives and sales development for the Russian Standard Vodka portfolio of brands including Russian Standard Original, Russian Standard Platinum and Imperia, as well as for the premium brands imported into Russia by the company's distribution arm, Roust Inc.
Prior to joining Russian Standard, Shirshov worked for three years as brand development director at Scottish & Newcastle, where most recently he was responsible for the international business development of the S&N cider portfolio (Strongbow, Bulmers) and Foster's European brand management.
Shirshov also served as brand development director responsible for the Asian region of S&N (including China, India, Vietnam) from 2005-2006.
"We are excited to welcome Dmitry onto our team," said Carlo Radicati, chief executive officer of Russian Standard. "His energy and experience in marketing and sales development will be critical to the continued international growth and success of our brands. I am confident he will do very well in his new role and be instrumental in the development of our company. "
In the last year Russian Standard Vodka has launched in new markets including Greece, Ireland, France and the UK. Additional launches are planned in Asia and South America later this year.
Neither economic gloom nor the presence of an illustrious neighbour appear to be overshadowing Armagnac, France's less well known brandy denomination. Chris Losh found the region's producers to be in ...
Moët Hennessy, the wines and spirits group owned by LVMH, has acquired the Montaudon champagne house. A purchase price was not disclosed....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Jones Soda has announced the appointment of Mills Brown to its board of directors, as the under-pressure soft drinks group looks to improve performance....
California wine firm Kautz Family Vineyards has announced the appointment of Richard Conley as its chief operating officer....
Cobra Beer is circulating a sales memorandum to potential buyers, declaring its willingness to split its UK and Indian businesses, sources close to the situation have confirmed to just-drinks....
Concerns over credit, cash flow and demand are threatening to seriously deplete the value of the Bordeaux wine industry's annual 'en primeur' wine futures sale....
Heineken may pay around US$100m as a commercial distribution fee to India's leading brewer, United Breweries, headed by Vijay Mallya....
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly