UKRAINE: Russian Standard leads Nemiroff chase - report
Who's going to win Nemiroff's hand?
Russian Standard has declined to comment on reports that it is a front-runner to acquire Nemiroff Ukrainian Vodka Company.
The Russian firm, which is owned by entrepreneur Roustam Tariko, said late last week that it would not be drawn on reports out of Ukraine that claimed it was in the lead to buy Nemiroff.
The reports have said that Central European Distribution Corporation, Pernod Ricard and Stock Spirits joined Russian Standard at the first round of acquisition talks with Nemiroff, which owns the namesake vodka brand. Russian Standard was cited as progressing to the second round of talks.
Sources close to the situation have been cited as saying that Nemiroff will choose a buyer by the end of August.
No-one was immediately available for comment at Nemiroff when contacted by just-drinks today (17 May).
Earlier this month, Nemiroff posted a 9% increase in domestic sales in the first three months of this year.
Pernod Ricard's shareholders have approved a cash dividend of EUR1.34 (US$1.84) per share for the drinks firm's most recent fiscal year....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015