UK: Russian Standard launches UK marketing campaign
Russian Standard Vodka, distributed in the UK by First Drinks, has launched a GBP1.2m (US$1.9m) marketing campaign in the country for 2009.
The campaign, named "Meet the Russian Standard", will start in July with advertising, sponsorship and sampling activities, First Drinks said today (23 June). Ads will cover TV, radio, press and online.
The campaign will focus around a promotion giving away 90 'VIP trips' Moscow. A new website, www.meettherussianstandard.co.uk, will also launch.
Joanne Birkitt, senior brand manager for Russian Standard at First Drinks, said: "Last year was a hugely successful year for Russian Standard and we are fully committed to further invest in the UK market again this year as we aim to build on this success."
On-trade support will include distribution of 600 POS kits across the UK, as well as in-bar sampling activities in 200 venues.
Off-trade activity will include a neck collar promotion on 250,000 bottles in the multiples, convenience and specialist channels. In-store sampling will also take place, targeting 30,000 target consumers.
Earlier this month, Russian Standard filed a lawsuit against its ex-CEO, Carlo Radicati, following an internal audit of his time at the company.
Jack Daniel's whiskey owner Brown-Forman lifted its full-year profits guidance on Tuesday (8 December), exceeding expectations and moving analysts to raise their fair value estimate on the firm. Miche...
Blavod Wines & Spirits has reported strong sales growth in the first half of its fiscal year, but said profits were held back by a poor performance from its Black Vodka brand....
Belvédère, the troubled French drinks group, has suffered a setback in its recovery plan....
Pernod Ricard has appointed Tim Murphy as its vice president of marketing and innovation in the US, while Jonas Renner Tahlin will replace him as vice president of vodka marketing in the country....
Diageo has combined its marketing and innovation teams in North America under the leadership of current innovation team head Peter McDonough....
A television advert for Diageo's Smirnoff vodka brand has escaped a ban in the UK following complaints to the country's advertising watchdog....
Price pressure is growing more intense on the US spirits market, Brown-Forman has warned, despite posting a rise in half-year profits....
Diageo has renewed a distribution agreement with Wirtz Beverage Group in the US state of Illinois....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets