SPAIN: Russian Standard launches in Spain
Russian Standard Vodka has introduced its Original and Imperia vodka to the Spanish market through a partnership with an independent distributor.
The deal with Spanish spirit distributor Zadibe Vinos y Licores, means the vodka brand is now available in major accounts such as El Corte Ingles and Carrefour in the country, Russian Standard said yesterday (7 October).
"This launch represents another step in becoming a leading player in the Western European premium vodka market," said Chris Lucas, CEO of Russian Standard in Western Europe. "We are confident that our brands are positioned well in the important Spanish market and we look forward to growing our sales and market share quickly."
The brands will be supported through promotional campaigns, particularly in bars, restaurants and nightclubs as well as public relations programmes that target the premium vodka consumer and build brand awareness.
Emilio Restoy Cabrera, managing director of Diego Zamora International, added: "With the increasing growth of the vodka category in Spain and Russian Standard's outstanding success in neighbouring European markets we feel the brand is well positioned for success in this market."
Zadibe Vinos y Licores is the distribution arm of Diego Zamora Vinos Y Licores, which has a presence in around 40 countries globally.
To say that Ketil Eriksen had to hit the ground running when he became CEO of Absolut six months ago would be an understatement. Overseeing a massive reorganisation and dealing with the effects of the...
Proposed new legislation in Scotland aimed at tackling alcohol abuse has sparked huge debate. Chris Losh believes the plans display muddled thinking and fail once again to address the real cultural pr...
Absolut is to launch a limited edition vodka for the US market to mark the 40th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots....
East African Breweries (EABL) has confirmed that it will cut "several" jobs within the company in the coming weeks....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has started the dstribution of Russian Standard Vodka in Canada....
Pernod Ricard has completed the sale of three ex-Vin & Sprit brands to Arcus Gruppen, but competition concerns have forced the drinks giant to remove Gronstedt Cognac from the deal and sell to Altia i...
Coors Brewers has launched a Premium Collection of beers, wines, spirits, ciders and soft drinks, aimed at supporting independents in the UK on-trade....
Diageo has secured the first in-flight listing for its Ketel One vodka brand in the Americas....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts