EUR: Russian Standard Europe MD steps down
Guy Lawrence had worked for Russian Standard for just under two years
Russian Standard has confirmed to just-drinks that the managing director of its European operations has left the company.
Guy Lawrence, who assumed the role in September 2011, has stepped down from the role, a spokesperson said earlier today (15 August). The news follows Russian Standard's takeover of Central European Distribution Corp in June.
“Following the CEDC acquisition,” the spokesperson said, “we are in the process of synergising our European sales and marketing structures.”
No further details, including where Lawrence is moving to or who will replace him, were forthcoming.
Prior to joining Russian Standard, Lawrence had been global brand director for Bacardi Global Brands. He moved to concierge service Quintessentially to become CEO in late-2008.
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
SPI Group has confirmed the appointment of Southern Wine & Spirits of America as the distributor of its vodka portfolio in six more US states....
Bacardi Lion has appointed a new MD as the previous encumbent has quit the group after ten years in the role....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends