RUSSIA: Russian Standard enters Indian market
Russian Standard Vodka is taking one of its vodka brands to India.
The company confirmed yesterday (30 August) that its Russian Standard Platinum brand will be distributed by the Narang Group in the country. The Indian distributor will also market the brand, which will be available in all Indian metropolitan areas, including Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore.
"The introduction of Russian Standard Platinum in India is a milestone in our mission to bring Russia's best and most authentic vodka to the world," said Roustam Tariko, Russian Standard's founder. "We are now available in over 40 countries and I am incredibly proud to bring Russian Standard Platinum to Indian consumers.
"Narang Group is the perfect partner for Russian Standard because of its leading portfolio of premium brands, and we are confident that Narang Group will help Russian Standard Platinum capture the Indian market and the discerning taste of India's vodka connoisseurs."
The Indian introduction of Russian Standard's other brands - Russian Standard Original and Imperia - is planned in the future, the company said.
Premium and super-premium brands have been important drivers in the growing vodka category for some time but among the key trends forecast in a recent report on the vodka market from just-drinks is th...
In acquiring 50%-ownership and global distribution rights to premium vodka brand Ketel One Diageo confirmed its withdrawal from the auction for Absolut. Moreover, writes Ben Cooper, the move for Ketel...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch and Miller Brewing have been hit with subpoenas in the US over their sales and marketing of their caffeinated alcoholic drinks brands....
Vin & Sprit has completed the clearance of one of its Swedish facilities, with its Cognac production moving to Cognac, France....
Global Brands, the UK drinks group which markets the VK Vodka Kick brand, has launched a ready-to-drink (RTD) Mojito cocktail....
Diageo is launching a music-themed campaign for its market-leading vodka brand, Smirnoff, in the US....
Vin & Sprit has announced a collaboration with Grammy-winning rap star Kanye West for its vodka brand Absolut in the US....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report