RUSSIA: Russian Standard drops Remy Cointreau in US
Russian Standard has confirmed that it has taken independent control of its distribution in the US.
Speaking to just-drinks today (27 November), a spokesperson for Russian Standard said that the decision had been taken due to "the growing awareness and demand for Russian Standard's brands in the US".
"The agreement with Remy Cointreau in the US finished in the Spring," the spokesperson said. "Subsequently, we chose to introduce a direct-to-wholesaler approach, which allows us to better capitalise on growing consumer demand in the country for our products."
Since making the change, Russian Standard has set a new sales record in the country every month, the spokesperson said, as well as increased the size of its sales team.
"We continue to operate closely with Remy Cointreau in Russia, where we handle the distribution of several of their products," the spokesperson noted.
Yesterday (1 April) signalled both an end and a beginning for Maxxium, the global sales and distribution joint venture created by Beam Global Spirits & Wine, The Edrington Group and Remy Cointreau in ...
Champagne and Cognac group Rémy Cointreau watched its full-year sales slip by 11.6% this week as demand for premium alcohol continued to drop. Michelle Russell assesses the group's prospects....
Reluctance by wholesalers and distributors to order in fresh stock, for fear that consumers will not buy, is proving to be the weak spot in drinks companies' handling of the economic downturn in early...
Already battling the recession, those attending next week's Tax Free World Association (TFWA) Asia Pacific Exhibition are nervously watching developments in the swine flu outbreak, remembering the adv...
A shake-up is underway in the global spirits industry, with Beam Global Spirits & Wine potentially under threat and the emergence of a "new Maxxium" on the cards, an industry analyst has told the Worl...
Belvédère Duty Free has appointed Kyndal India PVT as the duty-free and domestic distributor of Danzka and Sobieski vodkas throughout the Indian subcontinent....
Champagne and Cognac group Rémy Cointreau has joined the growing list of drinks companies decrying de-stocking by wholesalers, after seeing sales slip by 11.6% for its fiscal full-year....
First Drinks Brands, the distribution business owned by whisky distiller William Grant & Sons, plans to spend GBP40m on marketing this year, following its deal to distribute Remy Cointreau brands in t...
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research