RUSSIA: Russian Standard appoints general director
Russian Standard Vodka has appointed a general director to oversee expansion both at home and abroad.
The Russian vodka company, owned by billionaire Roustam Tariko, said late last week that Carlo Radicati will assume the position. Radicati will be charged with overseeing production, distribution and marketing of the company's brand worldwide.
Radicati joins Russian Standard from Beverages & Trading, the Russian distribution arm of Bacardi-Martini.
"I have known Carlo for a long time and he is a highly effective and professional manager. His extensive experience with premium spirits brands makes him the ideal manager to implement Russian Standard's global expansion plans," said Tariko.
Late last year, Russian Standard filed a lawsuit against Pernod Ricard, accusing the French company of "false advertising". Russian Standard believes that Stolichnaya is "not authentically Russian" and has insisted that marketing campaigns promoting the brand's Russian origins are "inaccurate and misleading to vodka consumers".
The Indian spirits sector has undoubted growth potential, on the back of a growing economy, an expanding middle class and rising disposable income but international companies face many obstacles as th...
Pernod Ricard has lined up a revamp for the packaging of its Kahlúa liqueur brand....
Pernod Ricard has prepared a fresh advertising campaign in the UK for its Jacob's Creek wine brand this autumn....
Pernod Ricard has unveiled an addition to its Wild Turkey Bourbon brand in the US....
Rémy Cointreau has confirmed that it is looking for new deals in readiness for its exit from Maxxium....
Vin & Sprit has declined to comment on claims that it may have to pay up to SEK6bn (US$893m) to extract itself from two distribution agreements, should it be sold by the Swedish government....
Pernod Ricard has remained silent on local reports suggesting a Russian oligarch may be looking at buying Russian vodka brand Stolichnaya....
Gruppo Campari has posted an increase in its results for the first half of this year....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research