RUSSIA: Russian Standard appoints general director
Russian Standard Vodka has appointed a general director to oversee expansion both at home and abroad.
The Russian vodka company, owned by billionaire Roustam Tariko, said late last week that Carlo Radicati will assume the position. Radicati will be charged with overseeing production, distribution and marketing of the company's brand worldwide.
Radicati joins Russian Standard from Beverages & Trading, the Russian distribution arm of Bacardi-Martini.
"I have known Carlo for a long time and he is a highly effective and professional manager. His extensive experience with premium spirits brands makes him the ideal manager to implement Russian Standard's global expansion plans," said Tariko.
Late last year, Russian Standard filed a lawsuit against Pernod Ricard, accusing the French company of "false advertising". Russian Standard believes that Stolichnaya is "not authentically Russian" and has insisted that marketing campaigns promoting the brand's Russian origins are "inaccurate and misleading to vodka consumers".
The Indian spirits sector has undoubted growth potential, on the back of a growing economy, an expanding middle class and rising disposable income but international companies face many obstacles as th...
Pernod Ricard has lined up a revamp for the packaging of its Kahlúa liqueur brand....
Pernod Ricard has prepared a fresh advertising campaign in the UK for its Jacob's Creek wine brand this autumn....
Pernod Ricard has unveiled an addition to its Wild Turkey Bourbon brand in the US....
Rémy Cointreau has confirmed that it is looking for new deals in readiness for its exit from Maxxium....
Vin & Sprit has declined to comment on claims that it may have to pay up to SEK6bn (US$893m) to extract itself from two distribution agreements, should it be sold by the Swedish government....
Pernod Ricard has remained silent on local reports suggesting a Russian oligarch may be looking at buying Russian vodka brand Stolichnaya....
Gruppo Campari has posted an increase in its results for the first half of this year....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research