US: Russian Standard acquires vodka.com
Russian Standard has snapped up the Internet domain name vodka.com for US$3m.
The vodka company, owned by Russian billionaire Roustam Tariko, bought the name from an undisclosed seller via Web domain brokering company Sedo.com.
The purchase, confirmed yesterday (14 December), is seen as part of Tariko's assault on the US vodka market.
Last month, Russian Standard signed a deal with India's UB Group allowing the companies to distributes each other's products in their respective markets.
The purchase is thought to be one of the dearer domain name acquisitions, although it pales compared to the sale of Sex.com earlier this year, for a rumoured $12m.
The recent takeover of Whyte & Mackay by the Indian UB Group is hardly the first time the Glasgow-based Scotch whisky producer has changed hands over the past 20 years or so. Patience Gould, who has s...
Soyuz-Victan USA has appointed Georgia Crown Distributing Co. and Alabama Crown Distributing as distributors for its Silk Vodka in Georgia and Alabama....
William Grant & Sons has lined up an advertising push for its Reyka vodka brand....
Central European Distribution Corporation has lined up a distribution agreement in Poland....
Fortune Brands appears to be upping its profile in the impending race to acquire Sweden's Vin & Sprit....
Bacardi has launched Eristoff vodka in India and plans further investment in the country, according to local reports....
V&S Group has set up a joint venture in the Chinese domestic spirits market....
Luctor International is bringing an additional vodka flavour to its Van Gogh brand in the US....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends