RUSSIA: Russian government could take stake in Smirnov to "protect it from American competitors"
Boris Smirnov, the embattled owner of the Smirnov vodka brand, has announced he is willing to give half of the company to the Russian government to protect it from American competitors, the Associated Press reported. Smirnov, joint owner of the Trading House of Descendants of Pyotr Smirnov, is currently embroiled in legal disputes in the US and Russia over the trademark for Smirnov vodka.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"