RUSSIA: Russian Brewing could depend wholly on imported materials
An all Russian conference of beer and soft drink producers in October will discuss what steps can be taken to stop the country's brewers from soon having to depend totally on imported raw materials.A meeting of directors from the Union of Beer Producers held in Moscow is concerned if the government does not take steps to strengthen the country's domestic resource base and related production, a marked rise in production could leave brewers fully dependant on imported raw materials.With prices for imported materials continually rising (around $200m is spent annually for purchasing malt) and brewers already importing around 85% of their supplies, the Union is calling for strengthened State support.A proposal by some board members is that a percentage of tax transferred by brewers to the budget, should be directed to farms for producing barley and hops for brewing purposes.Members are also calling for a federal target program aimed at developing the beer brewing market's resource base.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research