RUSSIA: Russian Brewing could depend wholly on imported materials
An all Russian conference of beer and soft drink producers in October will discuss what steps can be taken to stop the country's brewers from soon having to depend totally on imported raw materials.A meeting of directors from the Union of Beer Producers held in Moscow is concerned if the government does not take steps to strengthen the country's domestic resource base and related production, a marked rise in production could leave brewers fully dependant on imported raw materials.With prices for imported materials continually rising (around $200m is spent annually for purchasing malt) and brewers already importing around 85% of their supplies, the Union is calling for strengthened State support.A proposal by some board members is that a percentage of tax transferred by brewers to the budget, should be directed to farms for producing barley and hops for brewing purposes.Members are also calling for a federal target program aimed at developing the beer brewing market's resource base.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020