RESEARCH: Russian beer to continue growth
Russia's booming beer market increased volume sales by more than 12% last year and will continue to expand for the foreseeable future. Demand could increase by as much as 60% between now and 2008, according to a report by beverage industry analyst Canadean. Current growth levels may be well below the 28% a year experienced between 1997 and 2001 but nonetheless remain healthy says the report. The vitality of the market is testified to by the fact while rising disposable incomes may enable consumers to switch to more expensive beers, particularly locally brewed premium brands and overseas brands brewed under licence, new products continue to arrive even in the commodity segments which are losing volume.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World