RESEARCH: Russian beer to continue growth
Russia's booming beer market increased volume sales by more than 12% last year and will continue to expand for the foreseeable future. Demand could increase by as much as 60% between now and 2008, according to a report by beverage industry analyst Canadean. Current growth levels may be well below the 28% a year experienced between 1997 and 2001 but nonetheless remain healthy says the report. The vitality of the market is testified to by the fact while rising disposable incomes may enable consumers to switch to more expensive beers, particularly locally brewed premium brands and overseas brands brewed under licence, new products continue to arrive even in the commodity segments which are losing volume.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends