RUSSIA: Russian beer industry paid $160m to 2000 Federal budget
Russia's brewing industry has become the third largest taxpayer in the country after paying over R17bn ($610.19m) to the federal budget in 2000.
Moreover most of the breweries are the leading taxpayers in their region as the general director of Baltika Brewery Taymuraz Balloyev stressed at a press conference in the State Duma yesterday.
He said that about $1.5 billion of investments were needed to increase the average consumption of beer to the levels of the rest of Europe. Balloyev urged the government to decrease the excise duty on beer to encourage the country's population towards the consumtion of low alcohol beverages.
Companies: Baltic Beverages Holding
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Baltika Brewery has posted its Q1 figures....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
Baltika has appointed its president....
Alcohol intake amongst young female adults in the UK continues to rise and shows no signs of abating, according to a recent report....
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
Baltika has bought into a Siberian brewer....
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) is being lobbied over beer adverts during televised college sports events in the US....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends