RUSSIA: Russian authorities to produce own vodka brands for US market
Rosspirtprom, the Russian state-owned body which overseas the vodka industry, may launch its own vodka brands by the end of the month, according to local news.
A report in Interfax quotes Rosspirtprom general director Sergei Zivenko who said work on the creation of the enterprises' own brands has reached a point where they will be ready in a month.
Details of the brands were confidential, but it was confirmed that they would be for the domestic and export markets, in particular the US.
Rosspirtprom is currently in talks with US distributors about rights to the brands and local manufactures about who will produce the vodka.
Rosspirtprom manages the state-owned stock holdings in more than one hundred of Russia's liquor and vodka producers.
The World Market for Spirits 2001
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages