HONG KONG: Rumours push Guangdong upwards
Shares in Guangdong Brewery soared today amid speculation about a possible overseas investment in the company. The shares rose by a third, rallying in the afternoon session in Hong Kong.
"People are speculating that an overseas party (is interested) but I've not heard any concrete details," Steven Leung, trader at UOB Kay Hian Holdings, told Reuters.
A company official could not immediately be reached for comment. Guangdong's shares closed at HK$2.70, their highest level since 1997.
Last month, Heineken was reported to be considering increasing its stake in Guangdong. Earlier this year, Heineken Asia Pacific Breweries China Pte Ltd, Heineken's joint venture with Singapore's Asia Pacific Breweries (APB), acquired a 21.5% stake in the Chinese brewer.
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research