Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
Bacardi's Facundo rum collection will now be available in US airports
Bacardi has said rum has the biggest long-term opportunity in global Travel Retail as it rolls out the Facundo Rum Collection to US airports.
The company said today premium rum has "yet to maximise its potential" in Travel Retail. "There is massive headroom to grow and as the rum category leader, we have the ability, insights and full range to drive transformational change," said Bacardi's Travel Retail MD, Mike Birch.
Birch's comments came as Bacardi launched the Facundo Rum Collection to DFS airport stores in Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York's JFK. The collection, which consists of four premium blends, was previously released once a year only in US domestic channels.
The lineup is:
- Neo - Made from medium younger to heavy-bodied older rums aged up to 8 years in oak barrels
- Eximo - The only rum in the collection that is fully blended before ageing
- Exquisito - A blend of seven- to 23-year-old rums aged in oak barrels, finished in sherry casks for a minimum of one month
- Paraiso - A blend of the "finest and most distinguished rums in the private Bacardí family reserves", finished in French XO casks, some of which are more than 60 years old.
This month, Bacardi confirmed it will separate its Oakheart rum from the Bacardi brand. The taste profile and alcohol content will remain the same.
The world’s sixth largest spirits producer and 16th largest vintner, Bacardi faces significant challenges, including seeing its eponymous rum brand and core wine brand, Martini, both fall out of step ...
Singapore's Spirits market is led by the Brandy category while the Tequila & Mezcal category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020 in both value and volume terms....
Vodka is an alcoholic beverage that comprises water and ethanol and contains 35%-40% alcohol by volume....
Single malt whiskey by definition needs to be made at a single distillery. It is made from fermented mash made with malted grain....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts