Product Launch - US: Rum Runners USA's Seven Sirens White Rum
Click through to view images of the new rum
Rum Runners USA's Seven Sirens White Rum
Category - Spirits, rum, 40% abv
Available - Launched 14 November
Location - Initially Oregon, then US nation-wide over next 12 months
Price - SRP of US$26.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Oregon, Oregon Liquor Agents; nation-wide, the company said it “is in talks with various national distributors”
Seven Sirens White Rum is described as a “contemporary approach to rum’s rich heritage, and developed with mixology in mind”. The rum is made in Trinidad and owned by Portland, Oregon businessman William Oben.
Oben, who owns Rum Runners USA, said the rum has taken two years to develop.
It looks like 2014 is shaping up to be the year of surprises in the spirits industry. First up, in January, we saw Beam Inc head in a direction that few of us foresaw. Then, today, Whyte & Mackay has ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Bacardi’s position as the world’s 12th biggest wine company by volume is based almost entirely on its Martini vermouth and other sparkling wine brand variants. With these products focused in the matur...
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review