Product Launch - US: Rum Runners USA's Seven Sirens White Rum
Click through to view images of the new rum
Rum Runners USA's Seven Sirens White Rum
Category - Spirits, rum, 40% abv
Available - Launched 14 November
Location - Initially Oregon, then US nation-wide over next 12 months
Price - SRP of US$26.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Oregon, Oregon Liquor Agents; nation-wide, the company said it “is in talks with various national distributors”
Seven Sirens White Rum is described as a “contemporary approach to rum’s rich heritage, and developed with mixology in mind”. The rum is made in Trinidad and owned by Portland, Oregon businessman William Oben.
Oben, who owns Rum Runners USA, said the rum has taken two years to develop.
It looks like 2014 is shaping up to be the year of surprises in the spirits industry. First up, in January, we saw Beam Inc head in a direction that few of us foresaw. Then, today, Whyte & Mackay has ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Bacardi’s position as the world’s 12th biggest wine company by volume is based almost entirely on its Martini vermouth and other sparkling wine brand variants. With these products focused in the matur...
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division