FRANCE: Ruinart boss becomes Hennessy chief
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has moved the man in charge of Champagne house Ruinart to lead flagship Cognac brand Hennessy.
LVMH has appointed Bernard Peillon to the position of president at Hennessy.
Peillon, 50, replaces Patrick Sauvageot. Hennessy officials could not be reached for comment to explain his departure.
Peillon, who joined LVMH in 1994, had been president and CEO of Ruinart since 2003. He was previously international sales director for Moët et Chandon.
Hennessy Cognac enjoyed a buoyant 2006. In October, LVMH said had risen by 9% for the nine months to the end of September, thanks to growth in the US and China.
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
The news that Yves Bénard is the front-runner for the top job at the INAO is good news for reformers in the French wine industry....
V&S Group's move into the local Chinese spirits market via a joint venture with Sichuan company JianNanChun offers the Swedish company access to the growing premium sector of a massive spirits industr...
Moët Hennessy has secured majority control of a Chinese spirit company....
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has approved an increased full-year dividend....
The purchase, announced last week, of a majority stake holding in Bordeaux negociant CVBG Dourthe-Kressmann by Champagne group Thiénot, brings to three the number of major Champagne houses investing i...
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted a lift in wine and spirits revenues for the first quarter of this year....
Robust Champagne sales boosted profits at French luxury powerhouse LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the company said yesterday (14 February)....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Asahi loses Q1 sales overseas
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India