FRANCE: Ruinart boss becomes Hennessy chief
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has moved the man in charge of Champagne house Ruinart to lead flagship Cognac brand Hennessy.
LVMH has appointed Bernard Peillon to the position of president at Hennessy.
Peillon, 50, replaces Patrick Sauvageot. Hennessy officials could not be reached for comment to explain his departure.
Peillon, who joined LVMH in 1994, had been president and CEO of Ruinart since 2003. He was previously international sales director for Moët et Chandon.
Hennessy Cognac enjoyed a buoyant 2006. In October, LVMH said had risen by 9% for the nine months to the end of September, thanks to growth in the US and China.
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
The news that Yves Bénard is the front-runner for the top job at the INAO is good news for reformers in the French wine industry....
V&S Group's move into the local Chinese spirits market via a joint venture with Sichuan company JianNanChun offers the Swedish company access to the growing premium sector of a massive spirits industr...
Moët Hennessy has secured majority control of a Chinese spirit company....
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has approved an increased full-year dividend....
The purchase, announced last week, of a majority stake holding in Bordeaux negociant CVBG Dourthe-Kressmann by Champagne group Thiénot, brings to three the number of major Champagne houses investing i...
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted a lift in wine and spirits revenues for the first quarter of this year....
Robust Champagne sales boosted profits at French luxury powerhouse LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the company said yesterday (14 February)....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts