COMMENT: RTDs stirring young passions
A wave of new aphrodisiac alcopops is set to hit the bars and clubs in the UK this summer, as manufacturers decide to openly target young clubbers. However, the move has been condemned for contravening existing industry guidelines. Clubbers looking for a good time will be able to get a liquid boost this summer, as alcopop manufacturers release "performance enhancing" drinks. Dubbed 'Viagrapops', these drinks will contain not medicine but Chinese herbs such as ginseng and cordyceps, which - so the manufacturers would have us believe - enjoy aphrodisiac properties.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign