DENMARK: Royal Unibrew sells Caribbean brewery stakes
An agreement has also been made with CND for licenced production of Royal Unibrew's Vitamalt brand, the company announced today (13 August).
The stake sales are expected to reduce Royal Unibrew's interest-bearing debt by almost DKK200m (US$38m).
The sale comprises of Royal Unibrew's shares of St. Vincent Breweries (76.5%), Antigua Brewery (93%), Antigua PET Plant (75%) and Dominica Brewery & Beverages (58%).
The total consideration for the shares amounts to US$31m.
The transaction will close at the end of the year and is not expected to affect the group's full-year earnings (EBIT).
While the unprecedented global financial contraction is enforcing changes in consumption patterns, innovation is retaining its focal role as a primary driver for the alcoholic drinks industry, accordi...
Analyst Richard Corbett takes a look at the strong performance of the carbonates category, which has been suffering in other regions....
Cellar Trends, the UK drinks distributor, has secured the rights to handle the distribution of Finest Call cocktail mixes in the country....
Heineken UK is to withdraw White Lightning cider from the market because of concerns about white cider's public image as a contributor to problem drinking....
Royal Unibrew, the Denmark-based brewer, has lowered full-year profits guidance after raising DKK400m (US$78.6m) via a share rights issue....
Global Brands has launched a review of its production processes in a bid to reduce carbon emissions....
The ruling council for Beaujolais Nouveau wines is considering a ban on wineries replacing glass bottles with PET bottles and cartons, in order to protect the wine region's image....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future