DENMARK: Royal Unibrew proposes chairman switch
A change of chairman is on the cards for Denmark's Royal Unibrew
Royal Unibrew has called an emergency general meeting to seek approval for the appointment of a new chairman.
The Denmark-based brewer advised its shareholders on Wednesday (15 September) that the EGM, to be held in Copenhagen on 11 October, will see Kåre Schultz be proposed as chairman, replacing Tommy Pedersen who intends to stand down at the next AGM.
The company has proposed that Schultz, Walther Thygesen and Jens Due Olsen be elected to the board at the meeting, bringing board membership to six. Thygesen wil be put forward at the EGM to assume the role of deputy chairman.
Schultz will join the company from Novo Nordisk, where she is the current chief operating officer. She is also on the board of Lego. Thygesen, meanwhile, has been CEO of Thrane & Thrane since 2007, and is chairman of Hewlett-Packard Denmark.
Olsen holds the posts of chairman of AtchikRealtime and deputy chairman of NKT Holding.
The company is scheduled to release it third-quarter results in November.
To read the resolutions for the EGM, click here.
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China