DENMARK: Royal Unibrew in Caribbean deals
Danish brewer Royal Unibrew has upped its presence in the Caribbean with the US$15m acquisition of controlling stakes in three companies.
The brewer, which is keen to expand its footprint in the Caribbean and African malt drinks markets, paid a total of US$15.3m for the stakes.
Royal Unibrew has taken a 91.7% share of Antigua Brewery and a 58.4% stake in Dominica Brewery & Beverages. Both breweries already produce Royal Unibrew's Vitamalt brand under licence.
Royal Unibrew also snapped up a 75% stake in local packaging firm Antigua PET Plant.
Company CEO Poul Møller said yesterday (13 December) that the deals give the company leadership of the malt drinks, beer and soft drinks sectors in Antigua and Dominica.
He added: "The access to new, strong local brands and attractive product portfolios provides an opportunity of increased profitability through the expected synergies within purchasing, production, sales, marketing, distribution and organisation."
Royal Unibrew has exported products to the Caribbean for over 30 years. In 2004, the company a majority stake in distribution company Impec Holding SAS, which handles its products in Gaudeloupe and Martinique.
Since their introduction 30 years ago, the use of PET bottles has expanded hugely in the soft drinks market, writes Richard Corbett of industry analysts Canadean. But challenges remain, not least boos...
Coca-Cola North America has unveiled three additions to its Dasani bottled water brand in the US....
Carlsberg UK and Live Nation have teamed up together in a long-term partnership agreement....
Leading European producer of ambient and chilled fruit juices Eckes-Granini has signed a deal with Dairy Farmers of Britain to distribute its flagship Granini fruit juice brand in the UK....
Britvic has posted a lift in first-half profits, thanks to strong performances from both CSDs and still drinks....
Britvic is to remove all artificial flavours and colours from its Tango range in the UK....
Royal Unibrew has seen its losses widen in the first three months of this year....
Coca-Cola Co. has unveiled two brand extensions for its Minute Maid juice line in the US....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages