FINLAND: Royal Unibrew gets green light for Hartwall buy
The company is set to acquire Heineken's Finnish unit
In an announcement today (20 August), Royal Unibrew said that it has received the go-ahead from Estonia's competition authorities and its “business partners”. The deal was first announced last month after rumours initially surfaced in April.
“The transaction is expected to be realised as soon as possible,” the statement said.
Royal Unibrew operates in the beer, malt and soft drinks markets in Nordic and Baltic countries. Its beer brands include Ceres, Faxe and Albani, while its largest brand is Royal.
A Finnish member will be elected to Royal Unibrew's board once the deal is completed, the company said.
The strategic goals for Royal Unibrew are to maintain a high level of new product innovation, while at the same time develop its brand platform. The company also focuses on increasing customer loyalty...
Heineken N.V. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and...
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Heineken is making efforts to improve its business in the key US market and support sluggish consumption through product innovation, including Indio in June 2012 and Amstel Wheat and Tecate Michelada ...
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit
- DS Services lines up ex-Pernod Ricard exec as COO