FINLAND: Royal Unibrew gets green light for Hartwall buy
The company is set to acquire Heineken's Finnish unit
In an announcement today (20 August), Royal Unibrew said that it has received the go-ahead from Estonia's competition authorities and its “business partners”. The deal was first announced last month after rumours initially surfaced in April.
“The transaction is expected to be realised as soon as possible,” the statement said.
Royal Unibrew operates in the beer, malt and soft drinks markets in Nordic and Baltic countries. Its beer brands include Ceres, Faxe and Albani, while its largest brand is Royal.
A Finnish member will be elected to Royal Unibrew's board once the deal is completed, the company said.
Heineken do Brasil Comercial’s strategic direction became more aggressive in 2012. The company invested in new product launches and marketing and advertising campaigns to attract the attention of cons...
This is the first in a new series of short reports from just-drinks. These profiles will bring together all of just-drinks' coverage of a major development involving some of the leading players in the...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research