CANADA: Row over plans to export Canadian water
Canada, which controls about 20% of the world's fresh water, is at the centre of a political dispute over plans to sell its lake water to the US. Lobbyists are concerned that if plans by Newfoundland Premier, Roger Grimes, to sell 49 billion litres of fresh water from the province get the go-ahead Canada will lose sovereign rights over its water.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range