Roust replaces Diageo as Bushmills distributor in Russia
Diageo handed Bushmills to Casa Cuervo earlier this year
Roust, the owner of Russian Standard vodka, is to take over distribution of Casa Cuervo's Bushmills Irish Whiskey in Russia.
The company said today it will replace Diageo's D Distribution unit as the exclusive handler of the whiskey brand. Diageo used to own Bushmills but handed it to Casa Cuervo in a swap deal for Tequila Don Julio earlier this year.
Roust said the distribution deal cements its position as the strategic partner in Russia for Casa Cuervo's global arm, Jose Cuervo International (JCI). Roust noted that it is also developing JCI brands in Italy and Hungary.
Oleg Kirillin, director general of Roust’s distribution company, Roust Inc, said: "Russia is a growing market for whiskey and we are thrilled to distribute such a legendary Irish whiskey as Bushmills."
The master blender of Casa Cuervo brand Jose Cuervo told just-drinks last week that the mixto segment of the Tequila category is on the cusp of "a golden age".
Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
The future looks good for Tequila. In 2013, the global category hit a volume high and across many key markets, Tequila presents an attractive picture of broad-based consumer trade-up. Ultra-premium, s...read more
Canadean's "Diageo plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne