Rosair takes Beam Suntory Oceania post
Oceania is an important market for Beam Suntory's Jim Beam brand
Beam Suntory has appointed ex-Kellogg’s executive John Rosair to the newly-created post of managing director, Oceania.
Rosair, who will join the business on 17 August based out of its Sydney headquarters, was most recently vice president of sales, Asia Pacific, for food and beverage business Campbell Arnott’s.
Prior to that, he spent 13 years at Kellogg’s, including stints as VP of sales strategy for the company’s US snacks division, MD of New Zealand and MD of Greater China and Southeast Asia.
"Oceania is a tremendously important business unit for us, and John is an outstanding leader who can help us accelerate our growth in Australia and New Zealand," said Albert Baladi, president of Beam Suntory, International.
Australia is Jim Beam’s number one export market and an area of growth for the company’s Canadian Club brand, while New Zealand is another of Jim Beam’s strongest markets.
Oceania is one of five business units in Beam Suntory’s International region, alongside Developed Europe, Emerging Europe/MEA, Emerging Asia and Global Travel Retail.
In June, Beam Suntory signed a new ten-year deal with Coca-Cola Amatil to handle Japanese whiskies sales, marketing and distribution in Australia.
In 2015 cider/perry had very limited availability due to a lack of consumer awareness, which made sales in the category negligible....
RTDs/high-strength premixes continued to lose popularity in 2015....
Total volume sales of beer saw a negligible decline in 2015, as the category continued to face competition from spirit-based RTDs and low-priced domestic spirits....
A shortage of Japanese whisky is forcing drinks producers in Japan to turn to imported spirits, according to a report....
Alcoholic beverages are broadly categorized into three types: beer, spirits (distilled beverages), and wine....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research