US: Rodney Strong Wine Estates unveils sales force rejig
California wine producer Rodney Strong Wine Estates has announced a shake-up of its sales team as it looks to expand the “luxury” segment of its portfolio.
The Healdsburg-based group has cut its sales regions within the US from five to four and promoted two senior staff, it said yesterday (6 April). The changes are also geared towards launching new products and “future investments”, the group said.
The company’s VP of sales north-east, Andy Block, has been promoted to the newly-created post of VP for national sales.
Scott Friedeck, currently the group’s chain manager in Texas and national account manager to Walmart Stores, will take up a second newly-created role as director of national retail accounts.
Family-owned Rodney Strong grows and produces wines from four Sonoma County appellations: Alexander Valley, Russian River Valley, Chalk Hill and Sonoma Coast.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China