US: Rodney Strong Vineyards acquires Davis Bynum
Rodney Strong Vineyards has purchased the Davis Bynum brand in the US.
The Klein family, owners of Rodney Strong, said today (20 August) that the acquisition of the brand will include the current inventory but not the winery, tasting room or vineyards.
Rodney Strong Vineyards owner and chairman Tom Klein said: "Our family is proud to carry on Bynum's passionate commitment to quality winemaking."
The current Rodney Strong Vineyards winemaker Gary Patzwald will take on the role of winemaking for the brand at the Klein family's his Russian River Valley vineyards, said Klein. The company added that Davis Bynum has agreed to stay on in an advisory role for three years offering an insight for the brand style and direction.
Bynum said: "The vineyards they have purchased or planted in the Russian River Valley over the past ten years are now growing outstanding grapes and their new luxury winery inside Rodney Strong is beginning to create world-class wines. I'm confident that the quality of Davis Bynum wines are in good hands going forward."
The Klein family owns Rodney Strong Vineyards, Sonoma Vineyards, and now Davis Bynum Winery.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends