US: Rockstar Energy Drink for sale?
Rockstar Energy Drink could be heading to PepsiCo
The producer of the third best-selling energy drink in the US, Rockstar Energy Drink, is looking to raise finance and may attempt to sell its business, according to a report.
A report in US-based trade publication Beverage Digest said late last week that Rockstar's president and CEO, Russ Weiner, may seek to offload the business. Rockstar could not be immediately reached for comment.
Analysts have long speculated that PepsiCo and The Coca-Cola Co would look to increase their presence in the US energy drinks market via acquisitions. Currently, PepsiCo distributes Rockstar, which is the number three brand by volume, and Coca-Cola handles Hansen Natural's Monster Energy, the number two brand behind Red Bull.
A PepsiCo spokesperson declined to comment to just-drinks on whether the group would be interested in acquiring Rockstar.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1