USA: Rock Bottom Awarded with a Gold, Silver and Bronze At The Great American Beer Festival
"We are very pleased and proud of the Brewing teams at each of our locations. They are dedicated to creating a quality product -- these medals prove that we know how to brew exceptional beer at Rock Bottom," said Kevin Reed, Director of Brewing Operations.
"Bumble Beer," a refreshing golden ale brewed with unfiltered natural wildflower honey and flowery hops to add a hint of bitterness, is one of many specialty beers brewed throughout the year by Mendiola in La Jolla. Ruby red best describes "Ragtop Red," an ale brewed with malts that impart a toasted almond flavor and spicy floral finish. "Raptor Red," a full-bodied amber ale is brewed solely with English pale and crystal malts for a mild toffee flavor. Both "Ragtop Red" and "Raptor Red" are permanent fixtures at Rock Bottom La Jolla and Rock Bottom Phoenix respectively.
The Great American Beer Festival is an annual event drawing beer enthusiasts from all over the world. This year medals were awarded in 55 categories ranging from "Non-Alcoholic Malt Beverages" to "Smoke-Flavored Beers."
Based in Louisville, Colorado, parent company Rock Bottom Restaurants, Inc. owns and operates 70 restaurants -- 44 "Old Chicago" restaurants and 26 brewery restaurants operating under the names "Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery," "ChopHouse & Brewery" and "Walnut Brewery." All of Rock Bottom's restaurants are casual dining establishments featuring attentive customer service, high-quality, moderately priced food and a distinctive selection of handcrafted brews and specialty beers served in a comfortable and entertaining atmosphere.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets