UK: Robinsons sponsor street tennis initiative
Robinsons Street Tennis is a new initiative designed to encourage city kids
to take up the game by making it simpler and more accessible. There are no courts,
no complicated scoring just easy-to-hit targets and it can be played almost
A colourful and fun mobile rig has been developed, incorporating three mini courts with easy-to-hit targets. The roving jib will tour major cities this summer, giving more than 2,500 kids the opportunity to see how easy tennis can be.
Britvic's director of brand marketing, Cathryn Sleight said: "Robinsons has been synonymous with tennis for generations and as the leading family squash range we are delighted to support an initiative that will bring great sporting opportunities to kids.
"Robinsons Street Tennis is all about encouraging kids to pick up a racket and 'have a go'. Tennis has been seen in the past as an elitist sport, we hope to make this a thing of the past and open up the tennis game to everyone," she added.
Robinsons has sponsored the Wimbledon championships since 1928, with high profile branding on the umpire's chair at this year's tournament. It has a sponsorship deal with semi-finalist Tim Henman until 2003 and supports up-and-coming stars in the Robinsons Junior Tennis Team and Robinsons Aces Scheme.
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US