COMMENT: Robert Mondavi keeping it in the family
Family controlled winemaker Robert Mondavi this week received a US$1.3 billion unsolicited bid from winery giant Constellation Brands. The offer comes at a time when Mondavi is facing slowing sales and difficult restructuring plans and a buyout could potentially ease some of the winemaker's troubles. But opposition from family members may yet prevent the acquisition from taking place.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery