COMMENT: Robert Mondavi keeping it in the family
Family controlled winemaker Robert Mondavi this week received a US$1.3 billion unsolicited bid from winery giant Constellation Brands. The offer comes at a time when Mondavi is facing slowing sales and difficult restructuring plans and a buyout could potentially ease some of the winemaker's troubles. But opposition from family members may yet prevent the acquisition from taking place.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo writes down Shuijingfang value by GBP264m