US/CANADA: Rising US sales boost Molson Coors
Rising sales in the US have helped drive growth during the third quarter at Molson Coors, the world's fifth-largest brewer.
The North American brewer said yesterday (31 October) that synergies from last year's merger of Molson and Coors and cost-cutting also drove profit growth.
The brewer, which produces brands including Molson Canadian and Coors Light, reported a 25% rise in net income to US$135.8m. Group sales rose 3.3% to $1.6bn as sales in the US rose 6%.
"US volume gains were driven by Coors Light, which grew for the sixth consecutive quarter," said Leo Kiely, Molson Coors president and CEO.
"Our Canadian teams continue to achieve strong profit growth driven by solid strategic brand performance and cost reductions. Our third-quarter results demonstrate consistent progress strengthening the fundamentals of our company, even while we face tough competitive and cost pressures in all of our markets."
Molson Coors saw volumes in Canada slide 2.5%, although higher pricing drove up revenues from the market by 6%.
In Europe, cost-savings drove a leap in earnings by 28%. However, volumes fell 4% on the year with Carling volumes in the UK down.
Having recovered from a tax scandal in 2005 and now back in growth, the privately owned Brazilian brewer Primo Schincariol has become a takeover target for international players keen to expand their p...
Coors Brewing Co. has lined up plans for its multicultural marketing in the US....
Coors Brewers has consolidated its on-trade business in the UK with a new appointment....
US beer giant Coors Brewing Co. has unveiled domestic advertising campaigns for five of its key brands....
Coors Brewers is to relaunch Carling Premier in a bid to tap into what it sees as growing demand for "easy drinking" beers in the UK....
Molson Coors is looking to make savings of around US$250m over the next three years....
Coors Brewing Co. has revamped its Zima malt beverage portfolio in the US....
Molson Coors has confirmed details of its quarterly dividend....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Interview - Harviestoun Brewery MD Toby Knowles
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends