CHINA: Rising sales drive Tsingtao earnings
Chinese brewer Tsingtao has seen higher beer sales push up earnings during its third quarter.
The brewer, which is battling it out with SABMiller's Chinese venture CR Snow Breweries for leadership in the country's beer market, on Friday (27 October) posted a 26% leap in net profit for the three months to 30 September.
Net profit reached CNY212.2m (US$26.9m) on the back of a 9% rise in beer volumes, buoyed by marketing campaigns for the Tsingtao brand ahead of the 2008 Olympic Games, to be held in Beijing.
Earlier this month, SABMiller claimed it has taken the number one spot in China. In the first six months of 2006, SABMiller said, CR Snow Breweries had a market share of 14.9%, beating Tsingtao, which held 13.9%.
Tsingtao's management acknowledged the "fiercer competition" in China but said it will push on with restructuring its operations throughout China and optimising its brand portfolio to "maintain continuous improvements in profitability".
Nils S. Andersen has overseen something of a turnaround at Carlsberg since taking over as president and CEO in 1999 but he is determined to keep his and the company's feet on the ground. Dean Best met...
SABMiller's Colombian beer unit has been slapped with an antitrust probe in the country....
Diageo and SABMiller are pondering the break-up of Scottish & Newcastle, according to reports....
Tsingtao Brewery has posted an impressive leap in earnings for the second half of 2006....
Coca-Cola Amatil is gearing up for a venture into the alcoholic drinks segment...
South African Breweries (SAB) has announced plans to replace its existing 750ml 'quart' bottle with a returnable model....
SABMiller has lined up two new beers in Czech Republic through its Plzenský Prazdroj unit....
SABMiller has toasted the performance of its South American business as it issued a 10% rise in full-year global volumes....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends