JAPAN: Rising costs lead to Kirin, Sapporo distribution tie-up - report
The Mainichi Shimbun said yesterday (24 April) that the two brewers will jointly distribute their products in the prefecture of Hokkaido, in the north of the country, starting from late May. The move is a reaction to rising petroleum prices in Japan, the paper said.
Kirin and Sapporo, the second and third largest brewers in Japan respectively behind Asahi, will consider broadening the tie-up to other parts of Japan over the course of 2008, the paper added.
The runners and riders are lining up to buy Cadbury Schweppes' Australian soft drinks unit, should it be put up for sale....
Kirin, the Japanese drinks firm, has said it intends to expand its soft drinks division overseas, but declined to comment on speculation that it has shown interest in Cadbury Schweppes' Australian dri...
Japanese brewer Kirin has blamed rising costs and a sluggish market for a drop in domestic beer sales and profits in its first half....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk